We are seeking a journalism, PR or marketing intern to help amplify our message from a fresh perspective.
This is an ideal opportunity for a college student, recent grad, someone looking to change careers or get back into the workplace who wants to gain experience in content marketing or PR for a start-up.
This 100% remote new role reports to Kay Coughlin, CEO of Facilitator On Fire, whose From One Caregiver to Another services help family caregivers get rest and feel less alone.
What you can bring to the team
- Sensitivity to people who have family caregiver responsibilities and a heart for lifting up marginalized populations
- Enthusiasm for digging into existing content (written, audio and social media) and suggesting new themes to curate it
- Willingness to pitch ideas for content and perspectives that will be ‘must-read’ for our audience
- General knowledge of marketing, PR, graphic design and storytelling
- Growth mindset and attitude of learning—willingness to try new things and fail
- Reliability, strong work ethic, ability to work independently and on your own schedule
Ideal candidates will have
- Degree or experience in journalism, business writing, library sciences or storytelling in any format
- High comfort level with technology and learning new platforms
- Careful attention to detail and ability to document ideas, communicate regularly and follow through on assignments
- Desire to contribute meaningful content ideas
- Ability to ask questions, listen carefully to a wide variety of people and ideas, research an array of topics, and synthesize ideas into compelling narratives
What you’ll do
- Work alongside CEO, occasionally working directly with professional writer and podcast producer
- Pitch content and theme ideas
- Some graphic design/artwork for social media (website design not required)
- Position services and programs boldly for specific audiences
- Publish content according to marketing plans and schedules
- Identify like-minded colleagues, businesses and programs
- Write drafts and edit copy
- Write and pitch news stories for niche publications and mass media
Paid internship with flexible working hours and a consistent amount of work (10-15 hours/week).
At Facilitator On Fire, we believe in and practice diversity, equity, inclusion and belonging. We know not all candidates will check all requirements listed above, and we are open to great content producers (in writing or any media) from diverse backgrounds, all ages, and marginalized populations.
To apply, please send cover letter, brief resume and content samples to: Kay at FacilitatorOnFire.net by August 31, 2022, and we will contact you if it’s a match.
Follow Kay and Facilitator On Fire on social media
Do you need to find a way to get some rest and take control of your own life again, even if you believe that you can't possibly take care of yourself when the people around you need you so much?
Kay Coughlin, business coach, advocate for family caregivers, and CEO of Facilitator On Fire, is on a mission to help small business leaders and solopreneurs re-ignite their passion for their businesses.
In every forum she can find, she shouts that it's OK for every human to earn a living, set and enforce boundaries around their bodies, thoughts, feelings and actions. You can join Kay's free, private online community to talk about boundaries here.
Kay also teaches about emotional labor, how to rest, and Human Giver Syndrome, and is the host of the "From One Caregiver to Another" podcast and author of "From One Caregiver to Another - Overcoming Your Emotional Grind."
Kay is well-known for her public speaking on boundaries and self-care, and also for helping teams understand how to work with people of different ages through her "Building Trust Across Generations" seminar.
Facilitator on Fire is a subsidiary of Donor Relations Mindset LLC, which Kay founded in 2015. She lives with her husband and children in central Ohio, and is the primary caregiver for her own mother, who lives right next door. Kay can be found on LinkedIn and Instagram.
Copyright 2022. All rights reserved, Julia Kay Coughlin and Facilitator On Fire.
#Boundaries #HumanGiverSyndrome #EmotionalLabor #FamilyCaregivers #familycaregiver #SandwichFamily #CaregiverSupport #HowToRest #Caregivers #Loneliness #selfcare #mentalhealth #burnout #stress #caregiverburnout #businesscoaching #coaching #investment